Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy Piggy Party

So this week Provo Craft had a sneak peek of the new Create a Critter 2 cartridge. They allowed 5 images to be revealed on the Cricut Craft Room for Crafters to use and create with for a few days. 

The best part.... make a project, post it on the Cricut Project Center and be entered to win access to the WHOLE library of cartridges on the Cricut Craft Room.

Can you believe that?! Crazy!

So here is my entry.

I call him Happy Piggy Party.



Using the Create a Critter 2 cartridge I cut 2 Piggy Shadow layers at 6". Then scored one shadow layer at the base of the pig's ear, folded and adhered to the other shadow layer, this made my card base.

 I cut the remaining layers and adhered them together. I paper pieced the hat with pink and white star patterned paper and added some white mini star brads. I also used 2 yellow flower buttons with Glossy Accents.


For the inside of the card I cut 1 more layer but this time I hid the contour lines to leave me with just a outline. I then used Pink By Design's Simply Everything and Country Living stamp sets for the sentiment.

I will be linking this to the Sarah Hamer's Link Up Tuesday. Check out what everyone has been busy crafting away to this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melinda, Just seen your Card! It's ADORABLE!!! I'm so Excited about the Create a Critter 2 Cartridge coming out. I just became a follower of yours. Looking forward to seeing more of your Creations. Would Love for you to come visit my Blog sometime. Thanks for Sharing your Cute Card! :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!