Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Dino-Mite Birthday!

Yesterday I went to a Surprise Birthday party for my friend's daughter, she turned the big 10. We all huddled by the door with balloons in our hands, waiting for her to open the door and throw them at her.. SURPRISE!!

She had this huge smile on her face and her eyes wide, in shock walking around in a slight daze.

Good food, friends, family and of course birthday cake = a Dino-Mite birthday party.

She loves dinosaurs so I made this Triceratops card with the Dinosaur Tracks Cricut cartridge.


I made this card the same way as the Happy Piggy Party card, by cutting 2 shadow layers and adhering them together, then cutting all the remaining layers.

I ran some of the layers through my Cuttlebug with the Mesh embossing folder to give him scaly skin. (I forgot to emboss the brown legs.. Oops!)


For the inside of the card I used the first layer and then cut part of the top off so it would fit inside. I used the Dinosaur Party stamp set by Pink Cat Studio for the inside sentiment with some Cottage Ivy Memento Ink.

It was a Dino-Mite birthday filled with lots of love, fun and excitement for a very surprised 10 yr old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!