Saturday, November 8, 2014

Boxes of Halloween Fun!!!!

Hello all! Hope everyone is having a beautiful fall day like it is here on Vancouver Island. The sun is shining, there's a slight cool breeze and the frogs and birds are alive with sound. What a great day to sit outside and write this post.

I know that Halloween has come and gone but I thought that I would share with you some the fun treats that I worked on. I started by cutting out 3 gable boxes from Nilmara Quintela's Cute Witch Box file from the Silhouette Online Store. To get the size I wanted I had to use my 12x24 mat, so the paper choices were limited to what I had on hand in that size.

For the first box I cut out some 1 3/4" pieces of black cardstock and punched them with a Martha Stewart bat fence punch to match the Creepy Gate file from Sarah Bailey. I decided to add some bats to the top from the Halloween Boarders 67467 by Studio Ilustrado.


For the front of the box I found this Vampire by Miss Kate Cuttables, stamped a face from the Peachy Keen Monster Mash set then gave him some brad buttons. I love how he turned out.


For the back and sentiment on this box I chose Halloween Frame 66614 also by Studio Ilustrado. The sentiment is from Pink Hippo Mummy Love. I just love how this turned out and how great it cut out on the Silhouette.


The second box I cut out the Witch Trio from Megan Hardy Designs and added a few rhinestones. I used some Liquid Pearl in two shades of green and purple for the witch's brew inside of the cauldron.


Every witch needs a cat so I used the cats from the Halloween Boarders 67467 set to go on the sides of the box.  The Trick or Treat Title is from Jamie Koay.


For the final box I used the Zombie Girl from Erin Doran. I love how she cut out so perfect!! I added some Zombie Hands by Rivka Wilkins and inked them with some Vintage Photo.


I used Halloween Borders 66254 for the Tombstone and hand border for the sides and for the back I used Halloween Frame 66616. I used two stamps from the Pink Hippo Zombie set to make the sentiment.

I filled each with some candy and fun Halloween treats, minus the ones that I tested for quality control :)

Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween and took lots of great pictures.

Here is a link to the original pictures before I spookified them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!