Friday, October 11, 2013

Little Monster Bash

I helped a girlfriend out with some baby shower decorations, for one of her friends that has a baby on the way. They know that it is a boy, so they decided to have a Monster Bash. I picked some of the characters from their baby shower invitation plus a few extras and started making a banner.


I used my Silhouette and the print and cut feature to make the monsters.


 The monsters are sized either 10 1/2" tall or wide, then I gave each of the monsters a shadow. 
  

Using a Silhouette file I made the banner pieces in blue and green. I used a light blue cardstock for the dark blue banner pieces along with the Spots and Dots embossing folder to give each piece some dimension.


For the green banner pieces I used a pattern from the Kaiser Craft Blast Off paper pack.


I used star brads to attach each of the pieces together and then star eyelets on the ends to hang from.



Using the same monsters I decided to make a few favors. I filled some Jaded Blossom 1x8 bags with green blue and teal skittles. I re-sized the banner pieces and used them to make tags for the favors. Then added some washi tape and some Monster googly eyes.


Placed them all in a vase with some blue tissue paper and green Rickrack.


Wishing the happy couple all the joy in the world with the upcoming arrival of their little monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!