Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Welcome Hannah Marie!

Warning this post is picture heavy but very cute!

Tonight was a very special night, I got to meet the newest edition to the family of one of my co-workers ... she welcomed a beautiful baby girl just over a week ago.

We all got together to celebrate this joyous occasion with a Baby shower, food, gifts, good friends and of course the guest of honor.

Please welcome to this big crazy world the precious Hannah Marie!

Isn't she just so cute?!?


I wanted to try to make a diaper cake for the shower, so off to the store I went and came home with a box of diapers and a few other supplies and started rolling up tiny little diapers.

After all the rolling I assembled all the diapers into the 3 tiers, then decided that the bottom tier was in need of another row. The diapers had Minnie and Mickey Mouse on them so I made sure that all the Minnies were on the outside rows.

Now how to decorate the cake? Up to my craft area I went and started up the Cricut, I used the New Arrival and Baby Steps cartridges for this project.

Here is a look at my first diaper cake.

Had to have the Nurse Ducky since my friend is an LPN
I started by painting several coats of Pretty Pearls onto a Decoware letter H for the top of the cake.


After painting, I embossed Welcome Baby by Inkadinkado onto a piece of pink cardstock, colored in 'Baby' with a Copic and fussy cut it out and attached it to the H.


Then I cut out the Baby cuddling with the moon from the Baby Steps cartridge. I stamped this super cute face from the Peachy Keen Wide Eyed Kids Face Assortment and used my white Gelly Roll pen, a couple of Bic markers and some chalk. The face on the moon is from the Critter Faces Set A Medium by Peachy Keen.

The sentiment is from a set of Dollar stores stamps and is embossed in Recollections Party Pink.

The next 5 cuts all come from the Baby Steps cartridge.


I used the Peachy Keen The Cornies Assortment for the face on this cute little bib and patterned paper from a Momenta Super Paper Pad.


I would have to say that this is my favorite cut of them all, I used the Peachy Keen Monster Mash Assortment for this little toy and added letter brads in her initials H.M.I. 


Here I cut out a mini circle using my Spellbinders Circle Dies and a Fiskars punch for the heart to match the paper. Then I stamped a tiny face using the Peachy Keen Hot Cocoa set and added 3 white button brads which I colored with a Copic to make them pink. 


Next I stamped a face from the Critter Face Set A Medium in Memento Rose Bud and added a cute little pink bow to the top.


Finally I cut out the soother with some paper from Recollections and stamped a sweet baby face from the Peachy Keen Cutie Pie Face Assortment.



This shower was a day of firsts for me. I've always wanted to make a Onesie card and so what better time to do so then for a Baby shower.

The onesie on the cake and the card match
I used the New Arrival cartridge and cut out 2 shadow layers to make the base then cut the top layer from the Momenta Super Paper pack.

I cut out a scalloped circle using the Mini Monograms cartridge then embossed the Sweet Dreams Puppy from Inkadinkado's Baby Love with Recollections Party Pink.

Added 5 Copic colored button brads to it and there you have it... my first Onesie card.


The inside sentiment is Baby Star Dust by Stampendous, also embossed in Party Pink. 

One last picture of Hannah and I by her Diaper cake
What an amazing night I had! I'm so glad I got to meet little Miss Hannah Marie. 
I will be entering this into the Peachy Keen Challenge 13-6 Anything Goes.
Make sure to head on over to the Peachy Keen Blog and check out all the great creations by the very talented Design Team.

6 comments:

  1. Great job on EVERYTHING!!! I'm in the middle of making a Diaper Cake too! Fun Fun! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the cutest diaper cakes I've ever seen! Love those Peachy Keen faces on the baby stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...what a wonderfully creative, thoughtful gift! I just love all the peachy faces you added to your beautiful images! Congrats to the new Mom, her little girl is just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge this week at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG your project is AMAZING and the little baby is ADORABLE!!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melinda, this is a beautiful diaper cake for the party. I bet the new mom can use all the pieces to start a baby book. Your a such a sweet person to do this! I bet this was the hit of the party!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!