Friday, May 4, 2012

Birthday Wishes

Today I want to share with you a card I made for my Father for his upcoming birthday.

When I was younger, my father and I used to go fishing. I always loved getting my hands in the minnow bucket, I would open it up and stare at all the little minnows swimming around. I have lots of great memories of fishing.


I used grey Recollections Cardstock for the base, added a layer of lime green paper, topped with a blue layer. The blue piece of cardstock is from Momenta Great Outdoors Paper pad and is embossed with fish.

The Sentiment comes from the Pink By Design Simply Everything Stamp set.


The main image of this card is the Wide Mouth Bass by Inkadinkado. I colored the fish in with my Copics and went over the fins with a Sakura Stardust Clear Gelly Roll pen.

I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Weathered Wood for the water and to ink around the edges. Then used my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large to cut out the image and green layer.


The inside sentiment comes from the Pink By Design  Spring Has Sprung Stamp set.

The little fish is also from the PBD Simply Everything Stamp set.... isn't he cute.

So here's Fishing my Father a Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!