Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Peek at some of my Craft Storage

Here is a little peek into my craft storage.

For a while I took over all the space downstairs in the kitchen, on the  dining table, anywhere there was a surface, to do my crafting. Then one day I decided I was taking over half my bedroom and setting up a craft area.

I went to Nanaimo ReStore (this store helps generate funds to support Habitat for Humanity's building program) and started looking. I picked up 2- 1 1/2' x 8' long tables and a folding table for $38.... what a great deal. If you live in the area, you should check it out.

So I set up the tables and started putting up all my storage. Everything has a place and is categorized.

I got this Space Saver Over the toilet Storage Shelf at Walmart for $20, it was the display model. It worked out perfectly!!!


The bottom part was turned into my Ribbon rack. Some lids from empty embossing powders, some screws and pieces of dowel to make it. Of course, I have it separated by color, and when I need more room I can just turn it around and add more.




The top part I turned into my embellishment centre. At the top I took pieces of Velcro and stuck them to the bottom side of my Stickles bottles and hung them from the top. I also hung my Glossy Accents the same way. Under the Stickles are my Martha Stewart Microbeads.



As you can see in the picture above, for the second shelf I took pieces of a cereal box and made shelves to fit across. Then added my Martha Stewart and Stampendous Flocking Powders and my Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments.


The third shelf I took some Styrofoam I had lying around and made some tiers. I placed all my Glitter Ritz and various other glitters on this shelf.


The bottom shelf holds my Google eyes, Buttons and Brads and other various items.



I bought 6 and 8 compartment dividing containers and found some candle holders that I paid 50 cents for at JYSK. I took the top off the candle holder and slid them on, now I can just turn them and see what's in each.


Beside that is my Cricut Expression and all my Cartridges. I paid $10 for the shelf at a local Thrift shop. It was meant to be, they fit perfectly too!!!


I took an old computer desk on wheels and now it is my cut centre. I can move it to wherever I want it to be. On top, I have my paper trimmer, my Martha Stewart Self Healing Mat and an old mouse pad that I use for stamping. The pull out part holds my Martha Stewart paper trimmer, score board and another mini paper trimmer.


Underneath, in the cubby of the desk are my binders of embellishments and precut Cricut Paperdoll parts.


I took Hockey card holders and stuck all my embellishments (most of which are all from Michaels) and found a zip up binder to store them in.

I will give you a another look soon at some more of my craft storage solutions.

Til then happy crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!