Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Listen to Your Heart

This weeks challenge over at Peachy Keen is a photo challenge. What a great photo they picked out for this challenge.

Create a project using the photo as inspiration. Interpret the photo ANY way you'd like, just be  sure to let them in on your creative process. The colors next to the photo are only suggested, but if they are what inspire you, then go for it!  Take whatever part of this photo that inspires you and go with it. 



I love trees and being out in nature. That's where I go when I need to think about certain things and get the most clarity. I could spend hours outdoors and why for most of my life I have lived in the country.

I started this card by using the Art Impressions City Park stamp and Memento Rich Cocoa, stamping it onto the cardstock and then stamping it on acetate to create the mirror image effect. 

I then used the following inks to make the background:

Adirondack Lights Aqua and Cloudy Blue, Memento Teal Zeal, Bahama Blue and Bamboo Leaves. I also used YG03(Copic Sketch) to make the moss on the tree in the reflection and on the tree (it's harder to see).


The sentiment is from the Pink By Design My Favorite Kind stamp set stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. I love this sentiment because it has been true so many times for me.


The inside sentiment is from Pink By Design's Believe In Yourself stamp set and stamped in Memento Bamboo Leaves.

Don't forget to head on over to the Peachy Keen Challenge Blog and see all the great entries for this challenge.

Plus this Friday March 15 Pink By Design is having a stamp release and blog hop.. make sure you don't miss it!

I will also be posting this to the Ink It Pink - Anything Goes challenge over at the Pink By Design Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Your card is just GORGEOUS,BEAUTIFUL job with it!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love how you used all the ink!! Nice job. Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful atmospheric card Melinda! The reflection on the water is amazing! Thanks for joining in with us at Peachy Keen this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!